Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Who are the ad wizards who came up with that one?


I have noticed that many product slogans seem very poorly thought out. In Part One of a series, I look at one of these slogans for a new product, Children's Pepto-Bismol.

Product: Children's Pepto-Bismol.

Slogan: Children's Pink: It Does More Than You Think.

The Children's Pepto-Bismol website provides that this product provides relief from the following ailments: heartburn, acid indigestion, sour stomach, and upset stomach.

You know, the same relief from the ailments that regular Pepto-Bismol has for years provided to adults.

Wouldn't those ailments be what you would think Children's Pepto-Bismol would relieve? Ah, but it does
more than you think!

Now, call me crazy, but any medication that does more than I would think it would do is generally not a medication that I want to ingest. I might be old school, but I rather frown on hidden side effects.

There's no denying the appeal of those flavors, however. Watermelon and Bubble Gum? Sign me up! Sure, in the process of relieving my irritable bowel I might have heart palpitations, headaches, and psychedelic visions of tiny gophers floating on fluffy pink clouds, but that'd be a small price to pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home